Your next adventure starts here!
Why Study Abroad?
There are several academic, career, and personal benefits to studying abroad. Apart from having a fun and exciting time exploring new places, these additional benefits can impact your future in so many ways.
- Increase your world view
- Gain a global mindset
- Enhance interest in academic study
- Exposure to new ideas and new ways of thinking
- Build experience for your resume
- Increased communication skills
- Gain a better understanding of how others think and work
- Increased self-confidence and self-reliance
- Appreciation for other cultures
- To see your own culture through a new lens
With so many reasons to study abroad, the hardest part may be deciding where to go. Let us help you.
Why Study Abroad at CSC?
Chadron State offers two Faculty-Led Study Abroad Programs, and the opportunity for students to independently study abroad for a semester or longer. Our Faculty-Led Programs travel to London, Ireland, and Cuba to give a variety of experience to our students. We have dedicated faculty and staff to assist you in your journey to study abroad. We can help with financial aid, credit transfers, and the process of traveling to another country.
What are the qualifications to study abroad?
- Must be registered for CSC credits and considered a student at CSC.
- All participants must formally apply for, and be accepted to, the study abroad course/program.
- Individual faculty directors may specify minimum age restrictions for their faculty-led study abroad courses, but under no circumstance will persons less than 16 years old be eligible to accompany the group or participate in these courses.
- College students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. High school students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Students will not be allowed to participate if they are on academic of disciplinary probation or suspension.
CSC Study Abroad Contact Information